If you’re thinking of putting your home on the market, you might be wondering: How can I live in my home while trying to sell it? Here are five steps to follow that will make things easier and less stressful:
1. Start packing now. It’s best to start packing up any items you don’t need daily and get them out of the way so they’re not taking up space.
2. Sell, donate, or give it away. Moving is a great opportunity to purge yourself of things you’ve collected over the years that you don’t use anymore or won’t miss if they’re gone. I recommend selling, donating, or giving these things away.
3. Get squeaky clean. Now is the time to ensure your home shines, so deep clean as much as possible. It’s been proven that homes that show well due to being clean and well-kept generate higher offers than those that are dirty and unkept. If you list your home with The Holt Real Estate Team, we’ll enlist the service of professional cleaners to clean your home before taking its listing photos so it looks its absolute best.
4. Maintain your privacy and security. Make sure you don’t leave out any personal documents or valuable items during showings and open houses. Pack these things up and store them in a secure location.
5. Involve your kids. You wouldn’t believe how motivated kids can get when you attach something fun to a chore. You can make a game out of packing away their toys, for example.
In addition to professional cleaning services, if you list with our team, you’ll get professional staging, photography, video, and a comprehensive marketing plan. This guarantees that we’ll sell your home for the best price in the exact timeline you need.
If you have questions about this or any real estate topic, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to speak with you.